Fiancé Visa – How to prepare your application

The UK Fiancé visa is a route for a non-British individual to join his/her fiancé who is settled in the UK.
UK Fiancé visa is also termed as prospective marriage or civil partnership
visa and it is different from spouse/partner visa. UK fiancé visa allows the
applicant to join his partner in the UK for 6 months and during the 6 months; both must get married or enter into a civil partnership with each other.


Eligibility for UK Fiancé Visa

1. You and your UK based partner must be 18 or above;
2. Your partner must be a British citizen or with a settled status such as
indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK;
3. You must prove that if you had married to or were in a civil partnership
with someone else in the past then that marriage or civil partnership has ended;
4. You must show that you plan to get married to or enter a civil partnership with your partner within the 6 months of your entry to the UK;
5. You must show that your relationship is genuine, and you intend to live
together with your partner in the UK after you get married to or enter a civil partnership with him/her;
6. You must meet the financial requirement, which means you must be
able to support yourself financially for all your expenses during your
stay in the UK. The financial requirement can be met with the combined income or savings of you and your partner in the UK. The minimum annual income requirement is £18,600;
7. There must be an appropriate accommodation for you, your partner,
and dependents (if any) in the UK;
8. You must meet the minimum level of speaking and understanding the
English language; and
9. Your application must not fall for refusal under the suitability requirement.


Prepare your information and documents

To prove various points mentioned in the eligibility section here, you must
provide the required information and documents in an appropriate format
along with the application form. Some of the information and documents that you may submit include:

  • Your current passport;
  • Copies of the photo page of any old passports and visas;
  • Documents such as bank statements of joint accounts or documents of
    a common accommodation you shared with your partner to prove the genuineness of your relationship;
  • Details of your spouse (if you were married to someone in the past)
    and/or children (if any with your previous spouse)
  • Divorce certificate if you got a divorce;
  • Details of any criminal convictions (if any in your name);
  • Your Tuberculosis test results if you come from a country where it is mandatory to take the test;
  • The income or savings statement such as a bank statement or salary slip for meeting financial requirement; and
  • SELT test’s passing certificate in order to prove your knowledge of the English language.

If any of your document/s is not in either English or Welsh language, then you need to get a certified translation copy of the original documents.


How to apply for a UK fiancé visa?

You must apply online. This is irrespective of the fact that whether you are
applying from outside the UK or from inside the UK.

Application fee

You can only apply from outside the UK and the fee is £1,523.

How long do you have to wait to get a decision?

You should get a decision on your visa application ideally in 2-3 months’ time, but it may take longer also depending upon your circumstances.

Should you need professional representations in applying as a family member of HM forces you can contact Visa and Migration Ltd on 02034111261 for a free consultation.

You can also follow us on social media






The post Fiancé Visa – How to prepare your application appeared first on Visa & Migration.

Comments are closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept